November 28, 2023 Warangal: Way back in 2013-14, India was considered as one of the fragile five nations, meaning one of the five weakest economies. However, there has been a tremendous transformation after BJP formed the government at the Centre under Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In a span of nine years, India is in the world’s big five league, said Union commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal.
He was addressing an ‘Intellectual Citizens’ meet on ‘Role of citizens in the forthcoming elections’ in support of the party candidate for the Warangal west Assembly seat, Rao Padma, in Hanamkonda on Monday.
Goyal said that Modi always thinks about the welfare of the people and the country and will strive hard to uplift the weaker sections. When the country was celebrating Diwali, Modi was working on creating a bright future for the younger generation. It is because of his constant efforts and relentless pursuits that India has become one of the top five economies. In the next three years, it will be ranked third, he added.
By investing a lot of money, the BJP government introduced several welfare schemes for all sections of people and is supplying pure drinking water by giving tap connection directly to households under Jal Jeevan Mission’s ‘Nal se Jal’ scheme.
More than 80 crore people are getting free ration rice while roughly 3.5 crore people are getting free power and 60 crore are enjoying free medical services under Ayushman Bharath scheme.
The earlier government gave scant regard for women's welfare and protecting their self-respect. Women used to feel ashamed to go to the fields due to lack of toilets. Understanding their problems and to make them live with dignity and self-respect, the NDA government constructed around 11.5 crore toilets across the country.
The Centre never discriminated against any section or social backgrounds. It has launched various developmental works, including road laying, providing basic infrastructure facilities and free education and medical facilities
The Union government sanctioned a national turmeric board, slated to come up in Telangana state, which will also have a mega textile park. The Union Cabinet has approved a Central Tribal University, in the name of Sammakka and Saralamma, the tribal goddesses, as a tribute to the adivasi community, he said.
Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao, who changed his party’s name from TRS to BRS, is daydreaming about becoming the Prime Minister when he is about to lose his Chief Minister’s post.
The BJP government is against corruption and nepotism and never indulges in land mafia. It is determined to make a Backward Class leader as the Chief Minister of Telangana, Goyal said.
- BTMA signals minimum wage structure for cotton textile sector within next two weeks
- ASEAN delegation to visit India on 17 Feb for FTA review
- Bank fraud case: Textile baron Neeraj Saluja sent to 5-day police remand
- New MSME payment rule leads to many cancelled orders
- India’s cotton yarn exports to surge by 85-90% in FY2024: ICRA
- New Rule of Payment to MSMEs Causes Uncertainty in Textile Markets
- CITI Indian textile bodies urge Piyush Goyal for cotton stability
- Ludhiana’s Hosiery & Knitwear Sector In Trouble Amid Slow Demand
- Panipat News: यार्न, फैब्रिक और टेक्सटाइल मशीनरी के मेगा ट्रेड शो का आज शुरू
- Textile mill associations urge government for financial support